Since its inception, Fall Creek Vineyards has had one goal...to produce some of the truly great wines of the world. Today, Fall Creek continues to be a leader in the world wine industry, and its wines have received countless awards in state, national and international competitions. Fall Creek is the only Texas winery to receive a BEST BUY in the Wine Spectator. Additionally, Wines and Vines recognized Susan Auler as one of the TOP 50 PEOPLE in the world wine industry. The following is just a recent sample of our success.
2010 - PRESENT
Fall Creek Vineyards was recently awarded a Double Gold Medal in the 2013 Tasters Guild International Wine Competition www.tastersguild.com for 2010 MERITUS, Texas Hill Country. Double Gold is the highest honor that can be bestowed.
The 2010 MERITUS, recently released this Spring, has limited production of 1197 6-bottle cases. MERITUS has developed ‘cult’ status over the years in Texas. The 2010 vintage is a worthy successor to previous Double Gold winning vintages made from red Bordeaux grapes grown in Texas. The last MERITUS release was the 2006, which won a Double Gold Medal in the 2011 as well as 1st place GOLD ‘Best in Class’ in the Houston Livestock and Rodeo International Competition.
- 2011 Grapefest Fall Creek Vineyards Chardonnay voted #1 Chard in the People’s Choice Wine Tasting Classic – the largest consumer-judged wine competition in the nation
- Silver Medal, Ed’s Smooth Red, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Wine Competition 2010
- Gold Medal, Twin Springs Sweet Red, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Competition 2010
- 2006 Fall Creek Vineyards Meritus, Texas, ‘Texas Wine Pick of the Month’ (November), Texas Monthly’s ‘Eat my Words’ blog
- 2008 Fall Creek Vineyards Tempranillo, Texas, ‘Texas Wine Pick of the Month’ (December) Texas Monthly’s ‘Eat my Words’ blog. Selected by TRIO Sommelier, Mark Sayre
“This Tempranillo combines power and elegance with sultry red fruit notes of cherry and wild raspberry with hints of flowers, leather, and warm baking spices,” says Sayre. “It is great with roasted duck, bison, ribeye and thick-cut pork chop.”
– TRIO Sommelier (Four Seasons), Mark Sayre
- Fall Creek Vineyards “Ed’s Smooth Red” wine featured by Joe Bastianich, winemaker and restaurateur, in “The Best Wine in America” television program on MSN TODAY Show (June, 2010)
- 1st place, GOLD, 2006 Fall Creek Vineyards Meritus, Texas. ‘Best in Class’, Houston Livestock & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- “Best of Class”, SILVER, 2010 Fall Creek Vineyards Chenin Blanc, Texas, Houston Livestock & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- Fall Creek Vineyards Meritus, Texas, 2006 DOUBLE GOLD, Houston Livestock & Rodeo International Wine Competition
- People’s Choice, Silver Medal Winner, Best of Class - 2010 Fall Creek Vineyards Chenin Blanc, Texas, Sec and Demi Sec (including Loire), Reserve Class Champion, Texas Class Champion, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Wine Competition
- Winner, Best Texas White Wine, 2009 MISSION San Antonio de Valero Sauvignon Blanc, “People’s Choice”, La Dolce Vita, 2010
FALL CREEK VINEYARDS IN THE NEWS....(Click on text for links)
- Austin Chronicle 'THIRTY YEARS TEXAS WINE - FCV 30th Anniversary' Feature article by MM Pack CLICK HERE